Tuesday, December 2, 2014

One Glad Morning . . . ./// note on my vignette [Blog #2]

             ONE GLAD MORNING // (AUTHORS NOTE))

 ' This younger one has a lot mouth, packs a big fight – the mother to a little delicate daisy that 
seems to be too angelic to be human. Blessed with an angel and continues to be a malicious devil. She has a heart, somewhere under all the pain and despair lays a girl who just wants to be understood but you couldn’t tell from the way she sucks her teeth and rolls her eyes. She prepares her baby’s morning milk. She still has love in her heart, she’s a bitch, she’s reckless but she is an amazing mother.

            Another younger one finds its way into the kitchen. She doesn’t notice him until the sound of his teeth sucking ignores her soul. She shoots him a look , a dirty mean look – he ignores. Plopping down on a chair way to hard he fixes himself some cereal and starts to read the box. Two young ones in the kitchen. Attempting to start their day. One eating, one is making nourishment for her young. They both love each other – but don’t really like each other." 
Author's Note
Writing this piece, I had a lot of fun. WIth this story, decided to not think , not put too much pressure on the paper and just let my hands do all the talking. I didn't want to miss any authenticity with the paper so I decide it would be bet remembered or photographed if I went back to place in my heart and brain and captured that moment, that breakfast, with my family to be as pure as ever. As a writer, I feel like when you start to think too much about something and start applying more pressure than needed - it becomes easy to get wordy and dance unnecessarily with millions of words for no reason. Everything I captured on paper was everything that was logged onto my brain. The warmth of the kitchen floor, the family members that love each other but don't really like each other, the mother who spent her whole night partying and now has to get back into the reality of actually being a mother with real responsibilities. The rawness of my family that I feel like I perfectly exploited. The truth about us being nowhere near perfect and being kind of - rude and to ourselves and sometimes - ; living in a moment that we will not be able to stay due to the responsibilities we left at home. My family came as such an inspiration because we all love each other and even though we don't always get along, we will do anything for one another - just like most families. To me, this piece is probably one of my greatest in my college history, due to the fact that it is a creative writing piece and I was able to let my words come to life other than defending someone else's words. This piece was very excellerating for me to write and I enjoyed every second.


No comments:

Post a Comment