Friday, December 5, 2014

Goodbye, Farewell - To You My Friend [Final Blog}


How BitterSweet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This Journey In Creative Non Fiction :
         In the beginning  I was so skeptical of this class because honestly, Non Fiction can be really boring. The only thing i was thinking of was millions and millions of pages of cited work and opinions. I seen myself scanning the constitution and having to write a 70 page paper on why I agreed with it or not with millions of other writers backing up my opinion. But boy was I wrong. This class was fun, it was amazing and it was inspiring. The class has so many amazing writers that have so much to offer. Its about writing facts but putting a picture to everything. Giving your stories color , sounds and smells. Being more than just a boring writer - creative photographs so your readers and feel that warm sun or smell that warm coffee. I've taken many classes that didn't understand or were oppose my writing style and I am happy to say this class allowed me to be true to myself and write the way I love to  - creatively and raw. Professor Dragan is pretty awesome as well - he is not shy to say that a student has talent and he is not afraid to praise a student that he feels has  very amazing gift and honestly - it feels good to know your passion isn't being ignored in a class and that a professor is really reading and not searching high and low for grammatical errors - it feels good to be appreciated.

This a sample from my story made up from a picture :


 I know I’m losing it. You probably think I am crazy sometimes – but understand that my sanity left when she did. A lot of times I didn’t understand how god could do that to me. Just take my best friend and leave me. To just take all I know and up and leave me to fend for myself. But she was suffering and I could no longer let my selfishness keep her here. I couldn’t bear see her in that hospital – at times I felt like I needed a bed myself. She would always say “baby I’m in pain.” And I never knew what to do or how to keep it together. I wasn’t the strong one – she was.  So you see sonny, mentally I have been lost a long time. I’ve been gone. But I see this picture sitting on your desk and for the first time in five years – I feel okay, I feel safe and I don’t feel lost. I feel with her and let me tell you something. That is something I haven’t felt for 1,826 days and 21 hours. 

       That is honestly one of my strongest writings ever. That picture inspired me so much and made my brain go so quickly with ideas and thoughts about how i could make that picture become alive. I feel like this writing help me to established that as a writer i am continue to take bold choices and continue being different and not falling into a category and not being this writer you can put in a box. Im going to continue to paint pictures with my words. This class has helped me grow and become a better writer and most importantly - take pride in myself.


 . . . well thats all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment